Application deadline: March 01, 2019
This role will be predominantly office based but will also involve being out on location for shoots. You will work directly with the Formula 1 team and additionally work across the Whisper Films company social platforms. As a central point of contact in the office you must be able to work on your own initiative whilst being confident about when to refer up. You will be responsible for the maintaining and updating of the Channel 4 Formula 1 website and social media across all platforms to do with Channel 4’s coverage of Formula 1.
The successful candidate will be able to shoot, produce and edit media to create a variety of short form digital content.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· To create social media specific edits to tight and changing deadlines
· To research, collate, edit and upload any editorial content required via social media using basic knowledge of video compression
· To demonstrate a good level of technical competency and an ability to learn new technologies and equipment
· To provide accurate information to enable content to be communicated effectively on all digital and broadcast platforms
· To work independently, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
· To provide direct support to the Programme Editor and the Formula 1 production
· To understand and distribute accurate client requirements to ensure that all deliverables are completed in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the brief
· To contribute ideas for all Formula 1 output
· To promote equality and diversity in the team and on screen and to adhere to Health and Safety policies.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
· Demonstrated digital storytelling experience
· Experience in running an edit efficiently and independently with experience of adding effects and GFX as needed
· Strong knowledge of digital and social channels and clear understanding of how to create shareable content appropriate to them (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter)
· Passion for and knowledge of sport that can be transferred into creating interesting, informative and dynamic clips for social media and online content
· Ability and experience in engaging audiences via Social Media
· Proven experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Video Compression and After FX to create social media specific edits to tight and changing deadlines
· Clear understanding of the logistical requirements of TV and digital production
· Experience in operating camera equipment
· An understanding of Copyright and Rights clearances
· Excellent communication and written skills and an aptitude to learn new tasks, and a good attention to detail
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Strong team ethic and the ability to prioritize workloads with ease, working in a pressurized team environment
· Ability to work effectively with others and also to work on your own initiative
Working hours will vary and you will be working weekends when there is a Formula 1 race. Depending on where the race is coming from will depend on what hours you do but you will be expected to work some unsociable hours. Race weekends based in Ealing.
Closing date: 1st March 2019
Contract to start: 11th March 2019
Length of contract: 9 months
Please send a CV and covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org