Camera Assistant Role
The Camera Assistant is responsible for supporting the Editorial teams, Camera Operators, Managers and the Senior Management team where necessary.
The Camera Assistant will need to work quickly and accurately and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
The role will predominately be on Whisper’s branded coverage, but the candidate will be required to work on other Whisper projects as and when required.
- Providing direct support to the Editorial team, including Producers, Camera and the Post Production department.
- Assist teams in preparing kit and general camera assistant duties
- Keep the kit room tidy at all times
- Ensuring there is an effective system to book kit in and out and record lost and broken items
- Liaise with Camera Operators and production team and prepare kit for all shoots
- Be available when kit comes back and turnaround effectively for the next shoot
- Provide basic technical support on shoots and at base when required
- Operate camera equipment at a basic level and attend shoots when required. Assist the camera operators on shoots
- Back up rushes where necessary
- Drive kit to shoots when required
- Implement and promote equality and diversity in the team and adhere to Health and Safety
- policies on set and in the office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- At least six months working as a camera assistant
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment within a team
- Basic camera operating skills
- Basic IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages including
- Premiere (essential)
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with others and manage relationships in a diverse team
- Have a proactive attitude to work and promote a positive work ethic in the team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads and new systems
- Able to use systems and adopt new technologies
- Ability to check camera equipment and identify any issues
Working Hours and contract dates:
Working hours are 9.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday, although Camera Assistants are often expected to come in early and work late during busy periods.
Occasional weekend work will be required subject to operational requirements.
Please direct your CV and covering note to Julia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date early November for 3 months initially.