Junior Production Manager (Branded Entertainment)
Application deadline: April 20, 2018
Whisper Films has been selected as one of the Best Places to Work in TV by Broadcast Magazine in 2017 and 2018 and this is an exciting opportunity to join the production team, primarily working within our Branded Entertainment department.
The Junior Production Manager is a leading member of the Branded Entertainment team, working to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment. This is an office-based role with some on-location work, working with the Production Executive, Producers, Commercial Director and the Creative team.
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and delivering multiple projects for a variety of clients and broadcasters.
You will often be required to manage projects at different stages of production, with tight turnaround times and a range of delivery requirements.
You will be involved in planning complex projects from treatment / budget stages, through crewing and shoot logistics, to delivery (including compliance & insurance).
You will have good prior knowledge of rights & music clearance; post production paperwork & archive clearance.
The candidate will have experience in branded production with a background in broadcast television ideally as well and will already have at least one JPM credit.
You will also have excellent communication and written skills and an aptitude to adapt to new tasks. You will be expert at prioritising projects with ease and have a strong financial awareness.
- Providing direct support to the Production Executives, assisting with the communication of key production information to Producers and the editorial team
- Planning shoots and booking crews and travel arrangements
- Overseeing the delivery of complex call sheets with accurate and detailed movement orders
- Scheduling shoots and edits; often juggling key personnel time with diverse requirements and limited availability
- Maintaining accurate financial records; reporting any budgetary issues via cost managers
- Understanding and distributing accurate client requirements to ensure that all deliverables are completed in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the brief
- Co-ordinating post production requirements (including edit schedules and client approvals process) and delivery specifications for multiple projects
- Implementing and promoting equality and diversity in the team and adhering to Health and Safety policies
- At least one Junior Production Manager credit plus at least 2 years’ experience as Co-ordinator
- Experience of managing multiple projects for different clients / broadcasters
- Comfortable working in a pressurised environment within production team
- Proven leadership skills (including line managing team members) as well as a strong team ethic
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Basic budgeting skills
- Technical knowledge; camera kit / editing systems / delivery specifications
- Excellent IT skills; knowledge of a range of software packages
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Ability to manage relationships in a diverse team
- A proactive attitude to work and promoting a positive work ethic in the team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Experience of dealing with logistics for filming abroad including visa applications and carnets
If interested please submit your CV and Cover Letter to: Maggie.email@example.com