Application deadline: December 14, 2018
The Office Co-Ordinator supports the Office Manager in organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the running of a busy production office.
They must make sure that the office building and all equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively. Office Co-Ordinator supports the Office Manager in organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the running of a busy production office.
They must make sure that the office building and all equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
● Supporting the office with IT, phone and support systems / contracts.
● Assisting with the implementation of new administrative systems.
● Helping run office overheads budget, working with the Office Manager, Managing Director and Head of Production.
● Working with office runner to insure weekly provisions are ordered efficiently
● Assisting with the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and office equipment.
● Helping maintain the condition of the office and arranging necessary repairs and deliveries. Liaising with the landlord and relevant building contractors associated with the building up keep.
● Supporting the Office Manager with HR admin, induction of new staff, including basic training
● Assisting with maintaining the holiday spreadsheet and holiday calendar.
● Promoting staff development and training.
● Reviewing and updating all company policies including the health and safety and data/IT security policies and ensuring that they are observed.
● Assisting with the first aid and fire wardens policy.
● Helping Office Manager ensure all staff have current and relevant health and safety training.
● Assisting with management of incoming / outgoing deliveries and equipment logistics (including some occasional moderate physical lifting of kit), courier bookings etc.
● Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices when directed.
● Excellent organisational and time management skills.
● Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages.
● The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure.
● Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks.
● Strong oral and written communication skills.
● Ability to work on your own initiative.
● Attention to detail.
Office working hours are 9.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday, although there is some flexibility for this position.
8 weeks (beginning 7th Jan 2019)
£25k per annum (pro-rata) depending on experience.
14th December 2018
Please send your cv and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: December 14, 2018
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To create a variety of short form digital content (using rushes and broadcast material) for SailGP for social media and online channels
• To create social media specific edits to tight and changing deadlines
• To contribute ideas for all SailGP output
• To research, collate, edit and upload any editorial content required via social media using basic knowledge of video compression
• To provide direct support to the Executive Producer, Series Editor and Post Production Team as well as the Head of Digital for SailGP
• To demonstrate a good level of technical competency and an ability to learn new technologies and equipment
• To provide accurate information to enable content to be communicated effectively on all digital and broadcast platforms
• To work independently, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
• To work closely with the Production Manager and client to ensure all editing and delivery deadlines are scheduled and met
• To log shoot rushes as soon as possible once the material returns from location
• To understand and distribute accurate client requirements to ensure that all deliverables are completed in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the brief
• To promote equality and diversity in the team and on screen and to adhere to Health and Safety policies
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated digital storytelling experience
• Experience in running an edit efficiently and independently with experience of adding effects and GFX as needed
• Strong knowledge of digital and social channels and clear understanding of how to create shareable content appropriate to them (including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter)
• Passion for and knowledge of sport that can be transferred into creating interesting, informative and dynamic clips for social media and online content
• Ability and experience in engaging audiences via Social Media
• Ability to target, attract and retain a young audience not previously exposed to sailing
• Proven experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Video Compression and After FX to create social media specific edits to tight and changing deadlines
• Clear understanding of the logistical requirements of TV and digital production
• Experience in operating camera equipment at a basic level would be advantageous
• An understanding of Copyright and Rights clearances
• Excellent communication and written skills and an aptitude to learn new tasks, and a good attention to detail
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Strong team ethic and the ability to prioritise workloads with ease, working in a pressurised team environment
• Ability to work effectively with others and also to work on your own initiative
• Ability to develop and contribute programme ideas
Working hours are 9.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday.
Weekend work will be required subject to operational requirements (e.g. during event weekends)
Whisper Films offices at South Avenue Studios, Kew, London, TW9 3EL and on occasion at the SailGP offices in Hammersmith, London.
Start January 2019
Duration: 9 months
Friday 14th December 2018