Production Co-ordinator Role – Formula 1
Application deadline: January 21, 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Whisper Films’ Formula One production team. You will be an integral part of the team working to tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
This is an office based role supporting the outside broadcast, stand-alone VT shoots, and our team located in London and Maidenhead.
You will not be required to attend races. As the central point of contact in the office you must be able to work on your own initiative whilst being confident about when to refer up. You will be responsible for supporting the Production Managers, Producers and the Senior Management team.
The successful candidate will have experience of planning and organising for large teams; overseas travel & logistics; music clearance; post production paperwork; setting up VT shoots from treatment / budget to delivery including archive clearance.
You will be comfortable working with a high profile presentation team.
The ideal candidate must have a strong background in broadcast television (2 years experience at co-ordinator level) and ideally have a background in sports or events broadcasting. They need excellent communication and written skills and an aptitude to learn new tasks. They will need to have a strong team ethic and be able to prioritise workloads with ease and have a good financial awareness.
· Providing direct support to the Production Manager and Executives, and assisting with the communication of key production information to Producers and the senior editorial team
· Producing complex call sheets with accurate and detailed movement orders
· Booking complicated travel and logistics for worldwide races
· Planning shoots and booking crews
· Maintaining accurate financial records in VT budget and reporting any budgetary issues via cost managers
· Collating programme information to ensure that all deliverables are available in a timely manner, in order to fulfil the commission
· Implementing and promoting equality and diversity in the team and adhering to Health and Safety policies
· Two years broadcast experience as Co-ordinator
· Knowledge of setting up large shoots (ideally with overseas experience)
· Experience of working in a pressurised environment within Production
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· Basic budgeting skills
· Excellent IT skills
· The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure across different time zones
· Ability to work effectively with others and manage relationships in a diverse team
· A proactive attitude to work and promoting a positive work ethic in the team
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work on your own initiative
· Experience of dealing with multiple visa applications
· Excellent attention to detail
Working hours are 9.30am – 6.30pm Monday – Friday, although Production Co-ordinators are occasionally expected to come in early and work late during busy periods. Very occasional weekend work may be required subject to operational requirements/time zones.
Office: Week divided between our offices in Kew and Maidenhead
Closing date: 21st Jan 2018
Please send a CV and covering note to email@example.com